Monday, April 21, 2014

Blogging is like, really hard.

Blogs really freak me out man. I like, don't think I get them.

What is it people expect from blogs?

When I was thinking about making a blog a few weeks ago, I was like "Yeah this is totally a good idea. I have so many crazy stories that I can write about wow!!!" But now I have a bunch of draft posts just kind of sitting around staring at me like "What was your plan Meghan?"
Nailed it.

Writing is hard, dude. I like to think of myself as a pretty good writer...of facebook statuses. And hey, sit me down for a conversation and there's a really good chance that I'm also highly proficient at communicating through that channel of interaction as well. But writing blog posts? That's like a science that I clearly haven't mastered.

Maybe part of it is the fact that I'm not the biggest reader around. Which is to say, I don't really read at all. I've always been more of a T.V. show kind of person. Not movies, no, specifically television shows. I used to read when I was younger, but that was the usual reading that you'd either be required to do in school, or Harry Potter. I do like reading textbooks though, but for some reason nobody ever seems as excited as me about it.

The other day I was talking to a friend of mine, Jack, who is a writer. The conversation went as follows:

Me: Hey Jack! What are you up to?
Jack: Going to go finish reading my book on writing for comic books.
Me: Oh, are you writing a comic book??
Jack: No, I just want to know how to.

I didn't even realize there were books specifically for writing comic books, but I mean I guess it makes sense? This entry kind of fell apart, but I opened with the fact that I don't know how to write so hopefully you'll forgive me. Maybe I should read a book about how to blog.

Perf.

No comments:

Post a Comment